What to Expect
- An Opt-in feature controlled by the Account Administrator.
- Easily create password requirements to match district requirements.
- Options include password settings for length, required characters, password expiration, and the number of attempts before lock out.
- Prevents the use of a common password and password reuse.
- These rules are designed to increase password security and can be configured below. This policy applies to all educator and admin accounts.
- Districts integrating with Clever or Classlink will not have this option as their passwords are managed through Third-Party Rostering.
Enabling Password Requirement Settings
- Select Administration Center in the black bar at the top
- Hover over the "Settings" option and select "Application"
- Under "Password Requirement Settings" select the check box for "Enable Password Requirements"
- Select Save Changes
*Note: This setting only affects educator roles, not student roles.
Adjusting Educator Password Settings
- Select Administration Center
- Hover over "Users" and select "Educator Password Settings"
*Note: You must enable Password Requirement Settings before you will be able to locate this option.
- Require a password length
- Require a specific type of characters
- Set the password to expire after a certain number of days
- Set a certain number of password attempts
*Note: This setting only locks the Educator out for 30 minutes and then they can attempt the same number of attempts you've set this setting to.
- Prevent reuse of a common password.
- Block Common Passwords or phrases.
- You can also force the reset immediately, which will require educators to meet the requirements you set the next time they log in.
When educators login they will receive a prompt to adjust their login to fit these requirements.