PLATO Courses powered by Stars Suite were introduced February 2013 and differ from PLATO Courses and PLATO Courseware. These courses include an Introduction, Note to Teachers,Quizzes, Submissions, Midterms, Finals, and in some courses Homework Answer Keys and Reading Guides.
|African American Studies||PLATO Course Integrated Math, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Native American Studies: Contemporary Perspectives||PLATO Course World History Since 1815|
|PLATO Course American Government, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Math 6, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Personal Finance||PLATO Course World Literature, Semester A & B|
|PLATO Course American Literature, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Math 7, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Social Issues|
|PLATO Course British Literature, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Middle School US History, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Structure of Writing|
PLATO Course Career Explorations
|PLATO Course Middle School World History||PLATO Course World History Before 1815|
|PLATO Course English 6, Semester A & B||PLATO Course Native American Studies: Historical Perspectives||PLATO Course World History Since 1500, Semester A & B|
Other Features and Functionality
- These courses do not report mastery, only completion.
- Some courses require students keep a Notebook to take notes throughout the course. This refers to the students either writing in a notebook via pencil/paper or creating a document (i.e. MS Word) on their computer and using it to take notes.
- Some courses provide Homework Answer Keys and Reading Guides. This is to provide students with the ability to self-check answers without requiring teacher intervention. This is similar to what you might find in the back of a Math or English textbook, it's just the answer. By providing this, students will have to do some work, demonstrate thought, but then be able to easily check if they got the right answer. The goal is for them to go through this kind of practice and to prepare them for the Submission. These courses include:
- PLATO Course American Literature, Semester A/B
- PLATO Course Middle School US History, Semester A/B
- PLATO Course Math 6, Semester A/B
- PLATO Course Math 7, Semester A/B
- PLATO Course Personal Finance
Comparing Courses by Stars Suite and PLATO Courses
|Stars Suite PLATO Courses||PLATO Courses|
|Unit Summary at the beginning of each unit.||Yes||No|
|Pretests, posttests, and mastery tests for each lesson||No||Yes|
|Drop Box functionality||Yes||Yes|
|Activities can be submitted all at once||No||Yes|
Stars Suite PLATO Courses reports can be accessed as needed for individual learners. The Learner Progress, Graphic Learner Progress, and Grade Reports can be generated in PLE in the same way that they are generated for PLATO Courses. Click on a report below for more information.