Educators can setup classes where Learners can self-enroll into them. Account Administrators, and Program Administrators can create self-enroll classes.
1. Select your program and then 'Manage Courses' for Administrators or 'My Course Sections' for Instructors.
2. Scroll down and hit the blue arrow to the left of your respective course to reveal all classes. Click here for steps on how to create a class or section.
3. Select the settings icon to the right of the class.
4. Switch the Self Enroll option to 'ON'.
5. A Self-Enroll Code will be generated for the class. Enter and confirm a password for the class. (The Password must be at least 4 characters in length.) The Self-Enroll Code and password will be used by Learners to self-enroll into the class. The Self-Enroll Code can be accessed via the section settings page.
6. Educators can manually add users to the class if necessary, either by adding existing Learners, Instructors or creating new Learners, or both. See the articles below for more information on adding users to classes:
Click 'Save Changes'.
There is no notification to an Administrator or Instructor when a new Learner self-enrolls into a class. However, instructors or administrators can quickly view all Learners in the class by reviewing the Enrolled Learners in their Class Summary Page. See the article below for more information on viewing Learners in a class:
Keep in mind that the instructor or administrator must provide learners with the Class ID and Class Password in order to self-enroll into a class that is set up for self-enrollment.
Removing the self-enroll option from a class is reversible. If the option is removed (by changing the self-enroll setting to 'off'), the option can be re-added with no change to the student enrollment process. A new Self Enrollment Code will be generated, but the previously generated code will still function. Saving the changes and returning to Manage Class will reveal that the old Self Enrollment Code replaced the new one.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!