In PLATO® Courseware, Instructors have the ability to make changes to Class settings, scoring Discussions and Dropbox Activities, withdrawing Learners, previewing content, review completed work, edit status, and much more.
Manage Classes from our New Plato Home Page!
You can now manage classes directly from our New Plato Home Page! For more information on managing classes from our new view, click here!
How to Enroll or Withdraw a Learner from the class:
How to Edit a Learner's Status in PLATO Courseware:
For details on how to set individual due dates for students, click here.
How to use Class Curriculum for your Classes:
How to View/Grade Graded Discussions and Dropbox Activities:
How to Preview Content
How to Deactivate/Reactivate a Class
Viewing Tests and Tutorial Progress
Educators have the ability to see the work that learners have completed within tutorials by opening the tutorial in review mode from the Plato Courseware application. This includes responses to lesson activities, constructed response and technology-enhanced items, as well as information on which parts of the tutorial have been viewed.
Educators can also review completed mastery tests, pre/post test to see students answers along with answer keys.
To review students completed items:
- Go to the Class Summary
- Click on Enrolled Learners
- Then click on the pencil icon to view and manage for the selected learner.
Note: Viewing learner answers for tutorials and tests is only available in our newest courses (HTML5 format (EAP)). This functionality is not available in our legacy content. If the student has completed the tutorial and the icon is not displayed, the content uses a format that does not offer the functionality to view it here. For a list of Content Players, please refer to this article.
How to View Reports from within the Class:
- Go to the Courses tab.
- Select My Classes from the dropdown.
- Click on the screen and magnifying glass under "Quick Actions"
- Select Enrolled Learners from the menu on the left.
- Click on the bar graph to the right of the student's name
- Select either the Learner Progress, Graphic Learner Progress, or the Detailed Score Report. Each report will open in a new window in PDF format.