Shockwave courseware, which is designed for elementary and middle schools, consists of the following titles:
- Basic Skills for the Real World
- Beginning Reading for the Real World A - D (with and without Skills Inventory)
- Job Skills for the Real World
- Projects for the Real World A - I
- Math Expeditions A - D with Skills Inventory
- Math Expeditions E - I
Do Shockwave courseware titles use bookmarking?
Projects for the Real World and Math Expeditions do not have a bookmarking feature. Learners need to complete the activities in a single session. If they need to exit an activity before completing it, they will need to start from the beginning when they re-launch the activity.
Basic Skills for the Real World, Beginning Reading for the Real World, and Job Skills for the Real World have a bookmarking feature that is only active when the Learner remains in the activity. If they need to exit an activity before completing it, they will need to start from the beginning when they re-launch the activity.
- A Learner launches an activity and is taken to the introduction.
- The Learner completes the introduction and is returned to the lesson menu.
- The Learner will then launch the lesson from the menu.
- This brings up a submenu where the learner will select the activity and click OK.
- If the Learner does not complete the activity, and instead selects Stop, the Learner will go back to the Menu.
- The Learner can select the lesson again to get the submenu. The activity in the submenu will now have a yellow square. If the learner selects the activity again, a Restart note appears asking whether to continue where they left off. If the Learner decides to exit from the lesson Menu by selecting Stop, the learner returns to the PLE assignment menu. If the Learner re-launches the activity, it starts over from the beginning.
Correct answers judged as incorrect in quiz in Beginning Reading or Math Expeditions lesson
In order to have the answer judged as correct, the Learner needs to drag the correct answer to the answer box and then select the Check button. It is not sufficient to highlight the answer and select the Check button; that is counted as incorrect.
To drag the answer to the answer box:
- Click the correct answer.
- Hold the mouse button down while you drag the answer over to the answer box, then let go of the mouse. The answer will now be in the box. Select the Check button to have the answer judged as correct.
- If you decide to change your answer, click the new answer and hold, then drag the answer to the answer box and let go, click on the answer box to get the new answer to appear in the box, then select the Check button.
See the link below for more information on Instructor Materials for PLATO content running in the Shockwave player:
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!