Getting started with Edmentum products can be simple by following some best practices. Many issues in Exact Path, Courseware, and Edmentum Assesment can be resolved by following recommendations below. If you are unable to perform these tasks due to admin restrictions, please contact your school's IT department.
Configure Your browser
The table below contains links for browser-specific steps for each recommendation.
- Add Trusted Sites to content Filter
- For browser-specific instructions on how to add trusted sites, check the table below.
- Edmentum recommends your network administrator configure the network firewall, content filter, and any other application controlling website access to make sure the following domains/URLs/IPs are accessible from the workstation in order to run lessons.
- List of Wildcards here
- Allow Pop-Ups
- Disabling pop-up blocker(s) allows lessons to run properly.
- Download required software
- Exact Path requires that the workstation has a compatible PDF viewer/reader installed or activated.
- Clear Browser Cache
- Periodically clearing the cache can help improve performance.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox||Apple Safari||Microsoft Internet Explorer 11||Microsoft Edge|
|Trusted Sites1||Trusted Sites1||N/A||Trusted Sites1||Trusted Sites1|
|Pop-Up Blocker2||Pop-Up Blocker2||Pop-Up Blocker2||Pop-Up Blocker2||Pop-Up Blocker2|
|Clear Cache||Clear Cache||Clear Cache||Clear Cache||Clear Cache|
1 You can find a list of Trusted sites for Courseware, Exact Path, and Assessments here.
Internet Connection Speed
Exact Path requires a connection to the Internet. Performance of Exact Path on this connection is dependent on:
- the lesson being used
- the number of computers simultaneously accessing the Exact Path (this is not the same as the total number of workstations)
- the available unused bandwidth of the connection
In general, Exact Path recommends the following bandwidth:
- Exact Path – 128Kbps per simultaneous workstation
- All other PLATO® Courseware requires 40Kbps per simultaneous workstation
- PLATO® Straight Curve® Courseware – 128Kbps per simultaneous workstation
- PLATO® Life Science, Physical Science, and Earth and Space Science Courseware – 128Kbps per simultaneous workstatio
Other factors that can impact performance are:
- The number of users on the internet in your school, on your network, or in your house.
- Network settings controlled by your district.
- The strength of your WiFi connection.
- The number of applications running on your device (music or video streaming, etc.).