Third-party software with deceptive characteristics (such as spyware or adware programs) may be installed on your computer, or your browser may have been "hijacked" (a program has taken control of your browser to some degree).
Try to remove the adware or spyware from your system by using the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Windows Control Panel:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, find the program you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. You may need to restart your computer.
If this is unsuccessful, try to remove the adware or spyware with an automated removal tool. Here are some of the third-party removal tools that are available:
- Ad-Aware - For more info, visit the Lavasoft Web site: http://free.lavasoft.com/products.aspx
- Pest Patrol - For more info, visit the Pest Patrol Web site: http://www.pestpatrol.com/
- Spybot Search and Destroy - For more info, visit http://www.safer-networking.org/microsoft.en.html
- SpywareBlaster - For more info, visit Javacool Software's Web site at http://www.javacoolsoftware.com
Note: PLATO Learning, Inc. and Microsoft are not responsible for the quality, performance, or reliability of third-party tools.
Protect your system by scanning it regularly for adware and spyware. Run at least 2 different programs to increase your chances of detecting and removing different viruses and malware.
If your system is already infected with adware or spyware, PLATO products may fail to run. PLATO Support Services can help you diagnose the problem, but cannot assist you if modifications to your system are required to solve the problem. (In some cases, you may need to edit the Windows registry to solve the problem.)
Contact your network administrator and get help from a PC technician to resolve any additional issues.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!