Edmentum® uses pop-up windows for various learner and educator functions. In order to use the system and run lessons properly you must disable your pop-up blocker(s) or allow pop-ups from Edmentum® sites.
With pop-up blockers enabled you may experience several issues. Some of the most common are listed below:
- Offline Activities do not display
- Reading passages do not appear when the Show Reading Passage button is clicked
- Reports do not launch
- Time-on-task for certain lessons do not report correctly for Learners
- You experience "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window" message
- You experience "Please turn off pop-up blocker for this site permanently" message
- You cannot login when entering correct credentials
- Progress does not get recorded / updated when learners exit a lesson or test
- Assessment passages do not show up
- Unable to launch lesson; "Please wait...Click here when your lesson or test is complete
Below are links to instructions on how to disable common pop-up blockers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer pop-up blocker
- Safari and Firefox on Mac Pop-up Blocker
- Firefox pop-up blocker
- Google Chrome pop-up blocker
- Google Toolbar pop up blocker
- Yahoo Toolbar pop-up blocker
- Ask Toolbar pop-up blocker
POP UP BLOCKERS ON iPADs
In order to launch PLATO Activities the Pop-up blockers must be turned off.
Here are the steps for allowing Pop-up blockers on an iPAD.
Turn pop-ups on or off in CHROME
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More Settings .
- Tap Content Settings Block Pop-ups.
- Turn Block Pop-ups on or off.
Turn pop-ups on or off in SAFARI
This document explains how to enable and disable the pop-up blocker on your iOS device.
- Launch Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Under the General section, click the toggle next to Block Pop-ups to enable or disable the pop-up blocker. A green toggle indicates an enabled pop-up blocker.
Fix issues with pop-ups
If you're on a page with a pop-up or dialog that won't go away, try these steps:
- Turn on your phone's airplane mode.
- Quit Google Chrome.
- Close the tab with the bad pop-up or dialog box.
Additional details on troubleshooting on an iPad can be found here.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!
Keywords: pop up blocker, popup, pop-up