Customer System Requirements
Almost any guest system that can connect to the Internet can be controlled remotely via ScreenConnect. The primary requirements our system looks for when establishing the connection is the presence of either .NET 2.0+ or Java 1.6+.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows® XP (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows Vista® (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows® 7 (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows Server 2003 (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows Server 2008 (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows 98, Windows 98 SE (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- Windows ME (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.6+)
- OS X (JRE 1.6)
- Solaris (JRE 1.6)
- Linux (JRE 1.6)
Note: JRE is the Java Runtime Environment
- Internet Explorer® 6+
- Firefox® 1.5+
- Safari® 3.0+
- Mozilla 1.9
- Opera 9.2
You may run into situations where a Mac® won't have JRE installed, especially if it's a new image which hasn't had Mac OS updates installed. If JRE doesn't work, check to see if there are any updates available by clicking on the Apple® menu, then Software Update. If JRE isn't installed, it will likely show up here.
What firewall ports does ScreenConnect use?
PLATO®'s ScreenConnect server is listening on ports 80 and 443. As long as a customer's workstation is allowed to make outbound requests on those ports (the standard http and https ports), they should be able to join a session.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!