Edmentum recommends your network administrator configure the network firewall, content filter, and any other application controlling web site access to make sure the following domains/URLs/IPs are accessible from the workstation in order to run lessons.
If your network and workstations are not configured with the "wildcard" domains, you might experience the following issues:
- ERROR: "Internet Explorer cannot open the web page" when trying to access http://ple.platoweb.com
Edmentum recommends configuring your network and workstations with the following "wildcard" domains. This will allow for future URL additions to the platform with no additional required changes on your part.
- *.ple.platoweb.com (see list of URLs below)
- *.platoweb.com (see list of URLs below)
- *.plato.com (see list of URLs below)
- *.cvent.com (for Seehive)
- *.maestrosis.com (for EdOptions Academy only)
- *.adobe.com (for installing browser plug-ins needed to run courseware)
- *.macromedia.com (alternate Adobe domain)
- *.akamai.com (mirror site for Adobe, Shockwave Xtras content)
- *.akamaitechnologies.com (mirror site for Adobe, Shockwave Xtras content)
- *.edmentum.com (for CDN content hosted on Amazon)
- *.contentlaunch.edmentum.educationcity.com (for Exact Path content)
*.filepicker.io (for Sensei, educators only)
*.walkme.com (for WalkMe, for the internal help system)
- Note: Also make sure .mp3 files are not blocked (utilized in some courseware)
- *.speechstream.net (Text Help/Reader Support)
- *.caronefitness.com (Carone Learning Health and Fitness courses)
*.pglms.com (Powerspeak/Middlebury Global Languages - EdOptions Academy only)
*.ws.middil.com (Powerspeak/Middlebury Global Languages - EdOptions Academy only)
Edmentum also recommends configuring network and workstations with the following "wildcard" domains for our support site, which is hosted through MindTouch.
Edmentum does not recommend configuring your network and workstations with IP addresses or ranges. In the event that Edmentum updates or expands our use of IP addresses, your configuration may stop working until updates to your appliances and workstations are complete.
For more information or additional assistance, please contact Edmentum Customer Support.
Media file types
Video is used in several courses. Video files will be available in the following formats:
To contact Edmentum Customer Support, visit http://www.edmentum.com/support.
Please see this article for the list of third party URLs used in Edmentum courses and activities.
The System Requirements Checker is the easiest way to verify that your workstation has the required plug-ins and meets all system requirements. Review the article below for information on how to test your workstation:
The PLATO Accessibility Test is the easiest way to verify that your workstation and network is properly configured to access all required PLATO websites. Review the article below for information on how to test your workstation:
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!