The Trusted Sites list allows you to provide easier access to certain Web sites while maintaining higher security when using other sites.
If the Trusted Sites are not added to your browser you may experience some of the following issues:
- Elementary courseware does not launch; Plato Xtras fail to install
- Authorware lessons stuck on "Loading" screen, "Acess is denied" , "Secure site", "You do not have the Authorware Web Player" or Operation completed successfully"
- Shockwave lessons stuck on "Loading" screen
- ERROR: "403: forbidden; access denied" when clicking Manage after accessing Class Learner Usage Summary in Classes
- No data in quickview of Class Learner Usage Summary report
- Environment launch data error 2
- ERROR: "The system has encountered a significant error" launching content
- ERROR: "Your browser does not support XMLHTTP" when launching pretest. or other Activity
- Login page reappears when you try to log in correctly
- Unable to launch sample file when batch enrolling users. Change the IE security settings to default settings
- Blank white screen appears when trying to launch lessons
- ERROR: "Bookmark Stored Error 1" or "Failed to load Preload clip" when launching content
Microsoft Windows with Internet Explorer employs an additional security feature called Protected Mode. Protected Mode restricts access to certain files, folders and registry settings on the workstation. Protected Mode is enabled by default for sites in the "Internet" zone and disabled for the Trusted Sites zone, but a user may have enabled it for Trusted Sites.
For detailed information on how to add trusted sites in Internet Explorer see the below article:
Note: When adding Plato sites, you will have to uncheck the box named "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone".
List of Trusted Sites
Edmentum Product Users: Add each of the following URLs to the list of trusted sites:
NOTE: When adding the following URLs to the Chrome exceptions list for Flash, please add the brackets for the wildcards: ( [*.]example.com )
*.filepicker.io (for Sensei)
*.walkme.com (for WalkMe)
*.speechstream.net (for Reader Support)
*.caronefitness.com (Carone Learning Health and Fitness courses)
*.pglms.com (Powerspeak/Middlebury Global Language - EdOptions Academy-Only)
*.ws.middil.com (Powerspeak/Middlebury Global Language - EdOptions Academy-Only)
*.akamai.com (mirror site for Adobe, Shockwave Xtras content)
*.akamaitechnologies.com (mirror site for Adobe, Shockwave Xtras content)
On Vista and Windows 7 workstations only: with Trusted Sites still selected, uncheck Enable Protected Mode
Refer to How to disable Protected Mode for more information.
After you add the URLs to the Trusted Sites list, Internet Explorer 7 or 8 will allow you to install or reinstall required plug-ins.
Note: Depending on your workstation privileges, you may get a User Account Control prompt to enter the administrator password if you attempt to make changes related to Protected Mode.
For more information on network configurations, refer to Which URLs/IPs/domains need to be accessible in order to run Plato lessons.
Change the security settings in Internet Explorer to the default settings:
1. Click Tools > Internet Options > Security.
2. Move the slider to set the security level to Medium, or click the Default Level button.
3. Click OK.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!