When a Web Proxy client tries to connect to certain web sites, one of the following error messages may display: -
- The page cannot be displayed.
- There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
- 10060 - Connection timeout
- HTTP Error 404 Not Found; the Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for.
Users are automatically logged off PLE when their computer has been idle for a certain period of time. The timeouts are set as follows:
- If you are NOT running PLATO lessons, you will be logged off after remaining idle for 15 minutes
- If you are running PLATO lessons, you will be logged off after remaining idle for 2 hours
Try clicking the Refresh button, which may enable the web page to open successfully. If this doesn't solve the problem, try one of the following Microsoft articles linked below:
10060 Connection Timed Out" Error Message When You Try to Connect to Certain Web Sites
10060 Connection timed out error with proxy server or ISA Server on slow link
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Micorsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsft Internet Explorer 9
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!