In some cases, a PDF document may not open correctly in a browser; if so, you may wish to open PDF documents in the Adobe Reader application, separately from your Web browser.
Below are some of the issues you might experience if you dont have Adobe Reader installed or configured correctly in your workstation:
- ERROR: "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to view PDF files in Web browser" when you try to launch Offline Activities
- Blank screen when trying to launch offline activities
- ERROR: "Adobe Reader: File damaged and could not be repaired" when trying to launch Offline Activities
- System Requirements PDF document does not appear when select link on PLATO Support Center
- Unable to download and view reports in PDF format
To set PDF documents to open in Adobe Reader or an Internet browser window (using an Adobe browser plug-in):
Note: The steps required may vary somewhat for different versions of Adobe Reader. (Download the Adobe Reader in order to be able to view PDF documents, http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)
- Launch Adobe Reader from your Start Menu or a desktop shortcut.
- Click Edit > Preferences.
- Click Internet on the left side of the window.
- Uncheck or check the Display PDF in browser box.
- Click OK.
- Close Adobe Reader.
- The PDF documents will now open according to your selection.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!