User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista is designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. This can block you from installing required plug-ins. Turning off the User Account Control will automatically disable IE Protected Mode, which may be needed if you cannot access Internet Options due to restrictions.
If you are a learner, contact an instructor or administrator to do the following steps.
Temporarily disable User Account Control in order to install the Authorware plug-in:
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click User Accounts.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Click the box next to the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option to remove the check mark. Click Continue.
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- Go back to your lesson, download and install the Authorware Plug-in.
- When the installation is complete, repeat Steps 1-6, this time putting the check back in the box in Step 4, to turn User Account Control back on.
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!