Older versions of Biology and Chemistry PLATO Courses use lessons that require Macromedia Authorware Web Player to be installed. Authorware Player does not have its own uninstaller application and does not show up in the Add/Remove programs control panel. These steps will explain how to remove the player.
See the Adobe article below for complete instructions on how to remove the Authorware Web Player:
Windows Users: How to install or uninstall the Authorware Web Player ActiveX control
Mac Users follow the below instructions:
Check whether Rosetta emulation mode is being used to run your Safari Web browser on your Intel Mac workstation:
- Go to the Applications folder and Ctrl-click on Safari.
- Select Get Info.
- See if Open Using Rosetta is selected in the Info dialog.
If Rosetta is not being used, follow these steps to run Safari in Rosetta emulation mode and download current versions of the plug-ins:
- Select Open Using Rosetta in the Info dialog.
- Close the Info dialog box.
- Restart the computer.
- Uninstall all resident Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave Player, and Authorware Player plug-ins by dragging the icons in the Library > Internet Plug-Ins folder to the Trash.
- Install current versions of plug-ins from the Adobe web site. You can find links to download the required plug-ins in the PLE System Requirements; see pages 8-9.
Use the PLE System Requirements Checker to verify and assess your workstation's readiness for PLE.
- Launch PLATO courseware content. Lessons should now run successfully.
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Mac OSX 10.4
- Mac OSX 10.5
- Mac OSX 10.6
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Safari 4
- Safari 5
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!