If Shockwave Xtras and Shockwave Player do not get installed correctly, you might experience issues where the activities get stuck at the "Loading..." screen.
To install the Xtras files manually, download and copy them to the Shockwave folder:
1. Click on this link: ftp://ftp.plato.com/Public/Plugins/Shockwave_Xtras.zip.
2. In the File Download window, select Open.
The Xtras will extract to a folder named download.
3. Copy the download folder to the following directories:
On 64-bit systems:
C:\Users\Default\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Shockwave Player 12\xtras\
On 32-bit systems:
4. Re-run the courseware in question, it will now load Shockwave with Xtras correctly.
5. If the above process does not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to put the Xtras in the C:\Users\INSERT STUDENT LOGIN HERE\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Shockwave Player 12\xtras\ directory.
Educator: log in into your account and run the following courses which uses Shockwave Xtras:
- Beginning Reading for the Real World with Skills Inventory
- Math Expeditions with Skills Inventory A through I
- Projects for the Real World A through I
- Basic Skills for the Real World
- Job Skills for the Real World
Note: For additional troubleshooting steps, see Adobe's Shockwave Player FAQ.
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
|How to get more help|
Keep your implementation on track. As part of your Edmentum partnership, we provide ongoing training through our comprehensive collection of virtual workshops delivered on-demand. Whether you’re an advanced user who needs more detailed support to meet a specific need, or brand new to the Edmentum suite of services, we have a workshop for you.
Click here to register today for Edmentum Virtual Workshops!